A sexy and firm butt is something many women strive for, here are 4 of the best exercises for a bigger butt.
It doesn't take much to realize that, as a society, we like big butts. It's what made Kim Kardashian so famous, and why Pippa Middleton stole the show during the royal wedding. But what are the best exercises for a bigger butt? Just follow the basics, and you'll have your dream booty before you know it!
When looking to build up a bigger, firmer bottom, squats are an excellent place to start. This is one of the most basic, most versatile exercises in your butt-boosting arsenal.
1. Start off standing straight, chest out, and facing forward. Make sure you're standing tall; posture helps here.
2. Your feet should be at approximately shoulder width. For beginners (or anyone who needs help with balance), you can spread your feet a little wider.
3. Begin to “sit”, as though there ninety-degree an invisible chair behind you. Keep going until your thighs are parallel (or as close as possible) to the floor. Keep your knees in line with your ankles. Your weight should be on your heels. Your back should be gently arched in, not hunched over.
4. Push off from your heels back into the starting position. Repeat.
Lunges are another good stand-by for your back end. These take a little more room than squats, but are fairly simple, and don't require any equipment. If you find normal lunges too easy, then add hand weights until you've found your perfect level.
1. Start off standing tall, with your shoulders back and facing straight ahead. The posture of your torso, neck, and head is important because they'll be staying in the same position throughout the lunge.
2. With one leg, take a large step forward. Slowly begin to lower your hips, until your thigh is parallel to the ground and your leg forms a ninety degree angle. If you can't quite manage that, aim for the best you can do. Most importantly, keep your knees aligned with your ankles.
3. Push off from the front of the foot in front of you until you are back in position. Repeat.
Bear Plank Leg Lifts
Bear plan leg raises are a bit more complicated than the previous two exercises but this exercise will build a firm butt faster. If you've hit a plateau in your normal booty workout, this could be just what you need! To boost the benefits, you can also use leg weights that are appropriate for your skill level.
1. Start in a tabletop position, on all fours with your back straight and your head not drooping.
2. Inhaling, bring your right leg up behind you, until the bottom of your foot points to the ceiling. Aim for your knee to have a ninety-degree angle. If you can't manage that, go as far as you can. Hold for a few seconds, flexing your glute muscles.
3. Exhale, and slowly bring your leg back down until you reach tabletop position again. Repeat on left side.
Single Leg Bridges
Leg bridges are in the same vein as the heel raise: Harder than squats and lunges, but excellent for your booty. Not only that, this exercise will also give you better legs! Like most exercises for your butt, this can work better if you use ankle weights or resistance bands.
1. Begin on your back, with one foot planted completely on the ground, and the other in the air.
2. Keeping your weight on the heel of your foot, push yourself upwards (make sure you're using your glutes!) until your body is in a more-or-less straight line. Hold for a moment, flexing your glutes.
3. Slowly begin to lower yourself back to start. Repeat with your other leg.
With any exercise, you should start off slow and try to do them with proper form. If you are consistent the exercises above can transform your butt into a rounder and firmer one, just stay consistent and you will begin to see results in just a few weeks.
Angela is the owner and primary contributor to Crazybulkwomen.com I love writing about all things fitness and nutrition related. I studied nutrition at the University of Phoenix and currently am a full-time mom and blogger.